Route & Closures 2018
If you do not have tickets to the grandstands please enjoy the parade from the curbside anywhere after Highland Ave and along the rest of the route as illustrated above. The area around Hollywood and Highland may be the most congested.
The City of Los Angeles and the producers of the Hollywood Christmas Parade thank you in advance for your cooperation and apologize for the inconvenience these street closures may cause. We hope you enjoy the parade and thanks again!
Street Closures for 2018 Hollywood Christmas Parade; Cars parked illegally will be towed.
The City of Los Angeles, Departments of Transportation (LADOT) and Police (LAPD) will be strictly enforcing the no-parking policy for the Hollywood Christmas Parade, which includes the citing and the impounding of parked vehicles on restricted streets. Impounded vehicles will be towed to the Official Police Garage (OPG) at Hollywood Tow located at 1015 N. Mansfield Avenue. Motorists are advised to check the OPG website at www.opglaviic.com to find their vehicle. To retrieve impounded vehicles call either 311 or Hollywood Tow at (323) 466-8583. The following locations and restrictions will be enforced to support the Hollywood Christmas Parade activities:
“Tow-Away No Stopping, 12 AM Saturday (11/25/18) to 6AM Monday (11/24/18)
- Hollywood Boulevard between Highland Avenue & Orange Drive
- Orange Drive between Hollywood Boulevard & Hawthorn Avenue
- Sycamore Avenue between Hollywood Boulevard & Franklin Avenue
“Tow-Away No Stopping, 6 AM to Midnight, Sunday (11/25/18)”
- Hollywood Boulevard between La Brea Avenue & Orange Drive
“Tow-Away No Stopping, 11AM to Midnight, Sunday (11/25/18)”
- Cherokee Avenue between Hollywood Boulevard and Selma Avenue
- Hawthorn Avenue between La Brea Avenue & Highland Avenue
- Sunset Boulevard between Highland Avenue & La Brea Avenue
- De Longpre Avenue between Highland Avenue & La Brea Avenue
- Fountain Avenue between Highland Avenue & La Brea Avenue
- Lanewood Avenue between La Brea Avenue & Orange Drive
- El Cerrito Place between Franklin Avenue and Hollywood Boulevard
- Sycamore Avenue between Sunset Boulevard and Fountain Avenue
- Sycamore Avenue between Franklin Avenue & Hawthorn Avenue
- Orange Drive between Franklin Avenue & Hollywood Boulevard
- Orange Drive between Hawthorn Avenue & Santa Monica Boulevard
- Mansfield Avenue between DeLongpre Avenue & Fountain Avenue
“Tow-Away No Stopping, 1 PM TO Midnight, Sunday (11/25/18)”
- Hollywood Boulevard between Highland Avenue & Vine Street
- Vine Street between Hollywood Boulevard & Sunset Boulevard
- Sunset Boulevard between Vine Street & Highland Avenue
- Franklin Avenue between La Brea Avenue & Highland Avenue
- Santa Monica Blvd between West Hollywood City Limits & Gower Street
- Highland Avenue between Franklin Avenue & Sunset Boulevard
- La Brea Avenue between Franklin Avenue & Fountain Avenue
- Cahuenga Boulevard between Yucca Street & Hollywood Boulevard (West side of street only)
- Yucca Street between Gower Street & Argyle Street (North side of street only)
Freeway Closures: U.S. 101 Hollywood Freeway:
- Northbound and southbound off-ramps of Cahuenga Boulevard and Highland Avenue will all be closed at 3:00 p.m., reopening at 10:00 p.m.
No Parking Sign Postings:
- On Tuesday, November 20, 2018, posting will begin on those streets that are designated “NO PARKING” for Saturday, November 24, 2018, Sunday, November 25, 2018 and Monday, November 26, 2018.
Parking is always a premium in Hollywood. The best place to park is in one of the Grant Parking lots throughout Hollywood or at the Hollywood & Highland Shopping Complex. Most lots are paid parking – please contact the individual lot for pricing.
Parade-watchers are urged to use public transit. For more information call Metro at (323) GO-METRO or visit its website at: www.metro.net
One of the easiest ways to get to the parade via Metro Red Line to Hollywood/Vine or Hollywood/Highland. Both stations get you directly onto the parade route.
From Downtown, be sure to take the Red Line towards NoHo (North Hollywood), NOT the Purple Line.
Free station parking is available at: North Hollywood, Universal City / Studio City, Pasadena, Arcadia, Monrovia, Duarte, Irwindale, Azusa, East LA, West LA, Westwood, Santa Monica, Culver City, Norwalk, Lakewood, Redondo Beach and Long Beach.
Roundtrip fare is only $3.50 (includes two hours free transfers) plus $1 reusable TAP card per person. Remember to tap your own card before each boarding.
Plan your trip on Apple Maps, Google Transit, Metro Trip Planner or call
(323) GO-METRO or (323-466-3876). METRO staff and law enforcement personnel will be present to assist customers.